Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Who am I?

Some things I've learned about myself...

I am kind. I procrastinate. I am creative. I can do hard things. I am a really good cook. I can kill a lot of time surfing the web. I prefer simple things. I have really cool friends. I am forgiving. I am generous with my time and means. I am curious. I am intelligent. I like to laugh. I can cry over a sappy commercial. I like summer rain. I love everything about Christmas. I am a morning person. I like milk chocolate more than dark. I like to pull out the crayons and color in a coloring book. I've never found a cheese I didn't like. I like fresh fruit, especially raspberries and peaches. I struggle with paper clutter. I hate shoe shopping! I need help sometimes because my ideas are bigger than my abilities. I wish I was closer to my extended family. I enjoy exploring new places. I am independent. I am self-sufficient. I have a solid testimony that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I hate to ask for help. I often prefer antique over modern. I always do my own tax filings. I enjoy designing my own craft patterns. I like to throw dinner parties. I catch and release garden spiders that wander into the house. I trust people... sometimes too much. I like to bake bread and I like to share it my friends and neighbors even more. I need to feel relevant. I dislike really hot weather. I vote. I still have some of my childhood toys. I really enjoy long hot showers. I want to learn to fly fish. I enjoy intelligent conversation. I love hugs! I crave adventure. I am allergic to only 3 things: mesquite wood, band-aid glue and apricots. I enjoy all kinds of music. I can exactly match colors from a thousand miles away. I read everything. I like pizza with white sauce better than with marinara. I draw. I write. I'd love to be a published author but don't see it as absolutely needful for my happiness. I challenge the status quo. I garden. I enjoy the companionship of a pet even though I don't have one right now. I make lots of mistakes. I shop garage sales and second hand stores. I take calculated risks. I'm proud to be an American. I sing way off-key. I crochet. I can knit really basic things. I like quilting and fabric crafts. I want to build a greenhouse. I have no debt besides my mortgage. I want to be physically fit but not muscle-bound. I enjoy a good joke. I'm okay with spending time by myself now and then. I see guilt as a useless emotion. I plan to adopt some kids. I hate going to the doctor even more than going to the dentist. I like spending time in nature. I have goals. I am tickled when my gift makes someone really happy. I say Thank You! I complain when things aren't right. I like to be romanced. I need to finish those last few classes for my bachelor's degree. I like to speak in Church. I'm sometimes surprised by what I have to say. I admit it... I shop at Wal-mart. I prefer my hair long. I've always wanted a horse. I'm a list maker.

I did it! I wrote a whole post about me. I challenge you to do this same exercise and see just what you discover about who you are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy , I love reading everything you write! You and I have alot in commen and I am so grateful we connected!! You inspire me!!

Kathy Burton said...

Thank you! I'm thankful to know you read my blog!!