Saturday, July 20, 2013

Kick the Bucket

No, this isn't some pronouncement about my impending death even though 'kick the bucket' is a common euphemism for that.  I have no plans on departing this existence anytime soon!  I was going more for an attention getting play on words to talk about these so-called Bucket Lists that everyone seems to have these days... did it work?  Or was I funny only in my own mind?

Do you have a Bucket List?

I never did until about a year ago.  Someone told me my imagination needed to be bigger so I thought I'd test out just how big I can dream and write a Bucket List of my own.  It's been a really difficult task for me!!  A 'Bucket List' is that list of 100 things you want to do, see, and accomplish before you die.  I've struggled with creating one and have well under 100 things listed STILL.  And since I did manage to accomplish a few of mine in the past year it kind of makes it feel like time to find more dreams to add to the list again and see if my imagination is growing.

None of these seem like the kind of change-the-world things I imagine other people doing, but here's some of what's currently on my bucket list:
  • Write and successfully publish a novel.
  • Write, illustrate and successfully publish a cookbook.
  • Get a passport.
  • Have some reasons to use it!
  • Learn to use a handgun and get my permit.
  • Learn to use the other 3 items in that 4-piece power tool set.
  • Own 5 or more rental homes.
  • Go white water rafting.
  • Go snorkeling.
  • Go to NYC for Christmas.
  • Own a thriving coffee shop/market with reheat and eat at home foods.
  • Earn a Master Gardener designation.
  • Learn to fly fish.
  • Go to New Orleans.
  • Switch some electric appliances to solar-panel-on-the-roof powered.
  • Own a totally tricked-out and restored classic car - something red and convertible!

There's more, but I'm also trying to find a 'filter' and not share EVERY thought that crosses my mind.

What are some things you've got on your Bucket List?

No comments: