Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree



I looked out my window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I can take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would taste so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to me
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!

And with a week of good weather ahead and a few bees buzzing in the blossoms... it might actually fruit this year!

Spring brought me another surprise, too!  A few weeks ago I answered a phone call from Domino's and they were doing a survey about their oven baked sandwiches.  Those sandwiches are quite tasty, by the way!  The thank you gift for answering maybe a dozen questions was a $25 VISA card.  I'd forgotten all about that until it came today.

Yay!  I love happy surprises!!


I've shared this post on The Country Homemaker Hop - Week 12 at White Wolf Summit Farmgirl.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Kathy--This is not a post. Just saw your blog re Shelley, Idaho. I am producing a documentary film on long-time Shelley physician, Wendell Petty, and need some photos of Shelley in the 1950s and 60's. I would be grateful for whatever help you can give me. Please contact me at rmorgan@morganstar.com or 208.490.0535. You can see some of our projects at morganstar.com.

Thank you.

Randall Morgan