Monday, February 6, 2012

Pay It Forward

It was a kind of spur of the moment decision, but I've decided to participate in a Pay It Forward Challenge this year.  I'm reasoning that it supports my goal to be more kind in action and thought and also to step a little outside my comfort zone and reach out to others.

So... how did this happen?  Reading another blog, of course!  Tribalmama made such a good point when she said "Homesteading has a tendency to manifest into selfishness."  It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day activities and plain hard work of learning to live a more sustainable lifestyle.  We save more things and look to use old things in different ways.  Spending goes down.  Things like that... which generally are very good until it makes us kind of stingy and isolated from the people around us.

On to the rules...  It's really pretty simple.  There's only 2:
1. I promise to make something and send it (before the end of 2012) to the first five people who comment on this post.  Yes, you can help me get my craft on again!!
2.  If you are one of the first five, you then re-post the rules on your blog or Facebook and send something to the first five people who comment on your post.
(Again, the item must be hand made by you and the recipient must receive the gift before the end of 2012. The item may be as simple or as complicated as you would like. You just have to promise to follow through.)

3 comments:

Kathy Burton said...

Ok folks! I got 5 on Facebook. If you want to post here, I'll honor the first 5 blog comments as well. :)

Angie Meine said...

So count me in and I can't wait to also try and be more kind and giving this coming year!

Anonymous said...

WOW Kathy, you go girl! :)

I apologize, I know you sent me your physical address but I can't locate it. Will you please send it to me again. Thank you!

EMIKLI at aol dot com