Thursday, February 2, 2012

Big Blue Dahlia

Inspired by this post from Vively Online I set out to make a medallion that adds a little of that "cuteness factor" to one of my bare living room walls.  And because aqua is my main accent color in there, I chose that shade of copy paper to work with.  If you have a crafty bone in your body I think she posted enough to get you through the project so I'm not doing step-by-step instructions and photos...  Just one picture to show off the finished project!

And here's the reveal of my need for cardboard (backing for all those paper cones) the other day:



I've linked this post to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #43 at White Wolf Summit Farmgirl.

4 comments:

jweb711724 said...

I totally love it! I am so glad you posted a picture of all your hard work!

Kathy Burton said...

Thanks! It wasn't hard at all but it did take a lot more time, and hot glue, than I thought it would. Give yourself about 3 hours if you make one. It's big, too... measures a little more than 30" across. And I'm kind of groovin' on it! :)

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Wow! That's beautiful. Great job and thanks for the link to the tutorial. I a going to try it. Thanks for sharing on Farmgirl Friday.

Anonymous said...

Super cool, I really dig the 3d-ness.