Thursday, May 23, 2013

Best Banana Bread Ever

Thanks to a Pinterest recipe and having to adjust because the right ingredients weren't in the pantry, I made the best banana bread I've ever made in my whole life last night.

The.  Best.  Ever.

And the simplest ever, too!

We've been talking for a week, maybe a little more because I was procrastinating, about using some over ripe bananas I'd broken up and tossed in a ziplock in the freezer for the actual purpose I froze them for:  banana bread.  I had my trusty old scratch recipe I got from my best friend twenty years ago out of the box and ready to go.  I just didn't want to do it.  So I kept putting it off...

In the meantime, a few more bananas got a little too ripe for good eating.

It was time.

So I did what any self-respecting procrastinator of decent skill level who's pushed to the wire does... I looked for a short cut.  And I found one.  And then I looked in my pantry and adjusted it for the ingredients I actually had to work with.

And it turned out FANTASTIC!

Banana Bread

1 box vanilla cake mix (can substitute yellow, but vanilla is better!)
2 eggs
3-5 mashed very very ripe bananas (I used 5 kind of small-ish ones)

That's it.  Just put it in a bowl and stir until everything is blended and scrape into buttered loaf pans.  Bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops are golden.  This recipe makes 2 regular, or 4 small, loaves.

Could that be any easier?

Next time, I'm going to add a bag of milk chocolate chips...  mmmmmmm!  Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.  Maybe I should do that as muffins and freeze some so we don't inhale them all in under an hour?

No comments: