Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pioneering Thoughts

She isn't the picture that first comes to mind when I see the word "pioneer." I mean there's no covered wagon and oxen team like the pioneers I grew up hearing about and in a culture that reverences what they did in American history.  But, nonetheless, I've blown the past couple of hours exploring The Pioneer Woman blog.

Photo credit:  Book cover, thepioneerwoman.com
Yep.  I just planted my plump backside on the couch, warmth seeking doggie snug to each side, and read a few weeks' worth of Ree Drummond's Confessions.   My only breaks were to get a snack and go to the bathroom.

Hey!  Munchies and potty time happen.

After a friend suggested I study what she's done, almost use her an unofficial and unknowing mentor and after humbugging about it for a little bit, I googled her name and found the site.

I wanted to dislike her.

Really.

I know you thought I was a good person and that makes me sound terribly bad.   I hope my next confession proves there's a better explanation...

I'm jealous.

She already has everything I want to accomplish with my blog.  A huge base of followers, a good income doing exactly what she loves most, books, even a TV show.  Okay, the TV show isn't really part of my fantasy.  Nor do I want to live on a working cattle ranch like she does.  Actually both of those sound kind of intimidating.  But the rest?  Yep.  That's what I want.

So... I shall stalk her website.

I will learn every lesson she unwitting offers to teach me.

I'll use her to perfect both my vision and technique.

Even if it takes me a long long time...

I will succeed!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ree does have quite an empire. I am happy that she has been able to do it. I have been following her for a very long time. She is a good role model and mentor for us. My blog started from several blogs that I really liked. I hope that you enjoy Ree. Her cookbooks are great BTW.