Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Easier Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Awhile back, I wrote about making some fantastic pumpkin chocolate chip muffins from scratch.

Looking at those pictures sure made me miss my old kitchen... and 'big-ass' Tupperware bowl and all that familiar stuff.  But that's all in the past and now I'm just biding my time waiting for things to fall into place so I can create a new and even better future!  Hard to be sad for long when there's so much good on the horizon!!

So, while I won't discard the old recipe, I tried something new and made a batch of muffins that taste quite similar but are even easier.  I'd venture a guess that they are also equals on the not-so-healthy food scale but so very delicious that it's worth it for the occasional treat!

Tonight's version uses 2 yellow cake mixes (I had Duncan Hines - 1 Classic Yellow Cake and 1 Golden Butter Cake in the pantry), 1 large can of pumpkin puree, 4 Tbl cinnamon (can also use pumpkin pie spice if you'd like) and about a bag and half of chocolate chips (I had some semi-sweet and some milk chocolate and used both).  That's it!  Mix it all together at the same time in a big bowl, spoon into muffin cups and bake at 375F.  I think it was right about 27 minutes for baking time.

Mmmm... the whole house smells divine!  And we have treats!!

Win-win.

No comments: