Wednesday, November 4, 2009

House For Sale

This is a big step for me... I've bought houses before, but this is the first time I've ever sold one and part of me feels nervous and uneasy with the whole situation. Part of me doesn't really want to do it and is at war with the part of me that knows it is needful in order to move forward with the next part of my life. And it's a part I'm really looking foward to with excitement. I think the part of me that doesn't want to do it is still feeling some emotional ties to the place I lived for 16 years and put blood, sweat and more than a few tears into repairing and redecorating. Even as much as I was thrilled to be moving into my new place two years ago (and I LOVE it here!) leaving there was difficult. Much more so than I ever imagined it would be. And this feels like I'm reliving that whole trauma. Even as I write that, I feel kind of silly about it. I mean it's just a house...

No comments: