Friday, October 16, 2009

Sheer black dresses and 5 o'clock shadows...

I love to sit somewhere like a park bench or a busy restaurant and watch people. Last night we decided a treat was needful and went to Cafe Rio... always a busy place that attracts a fairly eclectic range of patrons.

No matter which direction I looked last night, I was greated by one of two sights: A tall leggy gal in a short and very sheer black dress or a big boyish-looking woman with a noticeable 5 o'clock shadow. There are lots of unique people in Salt Lake, so seeing a person of either description wouldn't be cause for wonderment. What amazes me is the sheer numbers of both that were out last night.

There was one woman who was easily 6-feet tall on her own. Then add the 4-inch plus stilletos and even I found myself in awe. I am pretty much the polar opposite in build and style. Where she was tall and ultimately trim, I am short and fat. Where she wore tight, sheer clothing that left no doubt that she had a great figure, I dress much more modestly.

Sometimes I find myself wishing I had the body confidence to be able to wear some of these outrageous outfits... it's not that I would, just I wish that I could.

No comments: