Monday, August 3, 2009

Ice and Sun

Today I came across a little quotation that really struck a chord in my heart. It was included in an article in a daily ezine written by the editors' daughter who is studying at the BYU Jerusalem Center this semester. She didn't include a citation, so I have no idea where it originated. I even tried googling it but still came up empty-handed. Here it is anyway.

"Write your hatred on ice and then wait for the sun to come out."

I loved the imagery of problems melting away and the analogy of bringing all of our sins and other burdens to Christ who will wipe us clean from them if we allow it.

As I pondered on that thought most of the day, I realized I've been holding on to a lot of my worries instead of turning them over to the Master. And that's really a dumb thing to do! It takes my focus off radiating His love to all mankind and strengthening my personal relationship with Him and puts it solidly onto what I can't solve on my own anyway. I'm going to work on this... I pledge to do my best and then stop worrying about if it's enough.

No comments: