Friday, February 27, 2009

Rambling About Nothing

We woke up this to snow! Sorry... not a fan - my first thought was 'well, ain't this just jingle freaking bells!' Now it truly isn't all that bad. There's only about an inch on the grass and the streets and sidewalk are clear. And it's forecast to melt off this afternoon.

I think my reaction is more symptomatic of being tired and a bit burned out. It's the end of a stressful week and I am mentally exhausted. It's also been a long time since I had a day off - my office was inexplicably open on President's Day - and I want a day without a dress to just sit in front of the fireplace and sip hot chocolate and maybe putter aimlessly around the house. Maybe I want more than one day to putter... Gotta look into how much vacation time I actually have accrued and use some soon!

You wouldn't think my desk job would be all that tiring. But some weeks I am dead by week's end. Not really physically tired -- it's definitely a mental thing. My theory is that much of my mental stress comes from working with one particular person. Sometimes she makes me think long strings of things I can't say out loud... but hopefully God will at least give me credit for keeping my mouth firmly shut. Unfortunately, the only way I see around this situation is to change jobs. She's not going anywhere and you can bet she won't suddenly stop being a critical tyrant. So change rests with me. And somethings gotta give relatively soon...

Sometimes I can't believe how much I complain. Comparitively, my life is pretty easy and pleasant. I have what I need and a goodly portion of what I want. I have to remind myself of that every now and then to keep from becoming mired down in cynacism, doom and gloom.

No comments: